Forgot password? | Register

1 of 2

Paying a visit (also: DCUO)

Posted: 08 February 2011 08:15 PM   [ Ignore ]
Wombat Food
Rank
Total Posts:  47
Joined  2011-02-08
Hi everyone! I went to the old board and saw that no one had posted in nearly four months, so I thought there was some crazy crap going down.

Apparently I left before it was announced that the forums were moving! Thanks to Wen for redirecting me. <3 I like the new site design. It seems a lot more lively and aesthetically pleasing. Kudos!

Just wanted to say hi and wish everyone well. I'm in the middle part of my major life transition, just trying to get through the next couple months. A couple months after I bid farewell, I actually got a super badass job and could easily afford to re-sub WoW, but I got busy with life and then discovered DC Universe Online (which I currently love).

So, what's everyone up to? How's Cataclysm? Is anyone else playing DCUO right now?

Okay bye. grin

Posted: 08 February 2011 08:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  761
Joined  2010-06-10
Grats on the job! Good to hear from you. We've just started raiding and so far the content is alright. It's really the same-old same-old in my opinion except that they've improved it more. Leveling a character now, however, is awesome. Some of the new cata quests are quite awesome.

Posted: 09 February 2011 05:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1200
Joined  2009-12-10
Deth! Come baaaaack!
 Signature 

Litebrite#1603

Sargeras Alliance
Zendalar - Windwalker & Mistweaver Monk
Garofelo - Vengeance Demon Hunter

Posted: 09 February 2011 05:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2268
Joined  2010-06-28
Hi Deth, glad you found your way here! And gratz on finding yourself a great job. grin

Come back and play with us...the questing (especially for alts leveling in the old zones) is really fun! And bring Troy back with you!
 Signature 

Lady Wenaeleyn - Balance Druid - Lvl 85

Y___Y
{ o,O } I will polish your flesh with moon anger!
(\___/) Hoot!
(’‘’) (’‘’)

749160rxUzW.png

Posted: 10 February 2011 12:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Wombat Food
Rank
Joined  2011-02-08
Is it really worth it to come back? I mean, I definitely miss the people (see: you guys/gals), but I don't know how much I miss the game.

I think I was worried about my precious Rogue becoming a steaming pile of crap in Cata. It seemed like we were getting hit a little too hard by the nerf bat, enough to make me shy away from playing.

But, if Rogues are still decent, and the content is fun enough, I'd consider it. smile

Oh, and I know Troy is interested in making a return, but right now it's a funds issue. I'm sure he'll make a return once he gets the finances sorted out.

Posted: 10 February 2011 02:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  320
Joined  2010-11-30
Rogues are top notch dps, however, epic weapons make it all.
 Signature 

Warcraft
Reiyudo 100 - Dwarf Shaman
Nfi 85 - Mage |  Bulworth 90 - Warrior

Diablo III
Reiyudo 60 - Wizard

Posted: 10 February 2011 10:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Wombat Food
Rank
Joined  2011-02-08
Interesting. That helps my interest level a ton. Is it Combat Rogues still, or have Assassination and Subtlety finally caught up?

My other thought was to finally play one of my other three interests: Pally, Druid or Hunter. All are level 60 or higher, so it wouldn't be too hard to get to 85.

Hmm.

Posted: 10 February 2011 11:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2010-06-28
Tyriel can tell you all about rogue dps. I believe Assassination was the top before 4.0.6 with Combat close behind. They might be a little closer now after this Tuesday's patch.
 Signature 

Y___Y
(\___/) Hoot!
(’‘’) (’‘’)

749160rxUzW.png

Posted: 10 February 2011 12:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Wombat Food
Rank
Joined  2011-02-08
Have I been usurped from my position as "lone Rogue in the guild?"

That also lends itself to my interest in playing a different role. Shrug.

Posted: 10 February 2011 12:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Administrator
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  291
Joined  2009-02-26
Also, if you have any interest in leveling alts... this is definitely the xpac to do it in. Most of the whole content has seen extensive revamping.

In regards to your title, sadly u never had that... Temptress and Tyriel were around long before you. However that's not to say we don't love our roogs!
 Signature 

“To you, the day I destroyed your village was the most important day of your life. To me, it was Tuesday.”

Posted: 10 February 2011 01:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Wombat Food
Rank
Joined  2011-02-08
I'll amend that. I was the lone ACTIVE Rogue in the guild during Wrath. =P

Posted: 10 February 2011 02:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Administrator
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  291
Joined  2009-02-26
True. Anyways, yeah man roogs kick ass right now. It seems that assassination is top dog atm as far as raw dps goes, with combat being viable but slightly behind assassination. I think combat may have a few more nifty utility/survivability cooldowns. I hear subtlety can be viable but requires at lot more gear/skill/difficult rotations to be viable, which is why it's the underdog.

Tyriel has inspired me to actually start leveling a rogue and I used to hate rogues, if that tells you anything. Not that I don't love my dw frost dk, but I just thought it sounded kinda fun.
 Signature 

“To you, the day I destroyed your village was the most important day of your life. To me, it was Tuesday.”

Posted: 10 February 2011 03:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1200
Joined  2009-12-10
@ Deth

They're pretty vigilant about balancing classes these days, so I would just choose what you enjoy playing, rather than what might be OP at the moment.
 Signature 

Litebrite#1603

Sargeras Alliance
Zendalar - Windwalker & Mistweaver Monk
Garofelo - Vengeance Demon Hunter

Posted: 10 February 2011 05:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  338
Joined  2010-11-30
In 4.0.6 combat is much closer to assassination in terms of raw pve dps, but the combat rotation is significantly more complex. Combat does do better in some movement fights and on trash, but Mutilate tends to beat it out on most boss fights. Subtlety is still absolutely worthless.

Also: cat druids are stupid overpowered right now.

Posted: 10 February 2011 09:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Wombat Food
Rank
Total Posts:  52
Joined  2011-02-09
Oh em gee new forums!?! White just told me about these the other day and hopefully, I think we should all pressure him, he can help me get a job where he works what up then I can come back! I hope everyone is having a blast and I miss you all and I will definitely be back once I get a paycheck woot

Posted: 10 February 2011 10:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2010-06-28
Yay...hi Omin! Yeah we miss you guys too...and you should make Kat and Kyle play more if you come back.

Good luck on your job search. smile
 Signature 

Y___Y
(\___/) Hoot!
(’‘’) (’‘’)

749160rxUzW.png

1 of 2

‹‹ RIFT      @ Egypt ››

Visitor Statistics
 Extras
Total Registered Members: 69
Total Topics: 473
Total Replies: 7366
Total Posts: 7839
The most visitors ever was 88, on November 12, 2014 10:17 PM
Total Logged-in Users: 0
Total Anonymous Users: 0
Total Guests: 5
   RSS 2.0   Atom Feed

EE Discussion Forum - Ver. 2.1.1
Newest Members:  JaylerinaewenDeadhand
Active Members:   

Username:  Remember Me? | Forgot password?
Password:      Not a member? Register | Member List