Remember Me?
 Forgot password? | Register

Site back online!

Posted: 07 August 2011 06:16 PM   [ Ignore ]
Administrator
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  291
Joined  2009-02-26
Some of you may have noticed some strange redirecting behavior last night and earlier today when trying to access the website. I worked on my server some, checking files for any tampering. No tampering was found and I surmised that the issue may be on my hosting provider's side. So I contacted them, and while their response wasn't helpful, they must have done something because everything seems to be fine now.

My account and ftp passwords have been changed, just in case.

Anyways... we're back online now. As always, if anyone notices anything fishy going on, let me or Wen know asap!

-Flik
 Signature 

“To you, the day I destroyed your village was the most important day of your life. To me, it was Tuesday.”

Posted: 08 August 2011 11:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRank
Joined  2009-02-26
Ok, so no sooner than had the hacking issue been fixed that my server decided to take a giant shit and have a hardware failure. My hosting provider spent all day replacing parts and fixing the issue and now we're back online... again. I make no promises! If shit goes down again, check the in-game MOTD or with Wen for updates.

I am now considering changing hosting providers... recent events have raised a number of red flags for me. So if anyone has any good recommendations for hosting providers, I'm all ears.
 Signature 

“To you, the day I destroyed your village was the most important day of your life. To me, it was Tuesday.”

Posted: 24 March 2012 01:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRank
Joined  2009-02-26
Howdy folks! Some of you have brought to my attention that there's another redirection hack going on with our website/forums. I've pinpointed the problem and am working on cleaning up the mess. I just wanted to let everyone know that there may be some temporary interruptions in service as I get things fixed and running ship-shape again.

Will let you know when everything is complete.

PS- Thanks for keeping an eye out for me guys. /salute
 Signature 

‹‹ Forum Rules      Site Maintenance! ››

Visitor Statistics
 Extras
Total Registered Members: 69
Total Topics: 473
Total Replies: 7366
Total Posts: 7839
The most visitors ever was 88, on November 12, 2014 10:17 PM
Total Logged-in Users: 0
Total Anonymous Users: 0
Total Guests: 5
   RSS 2.0   Atom Feed

EE Discussion Forum - Ver. 2.1.1
Newest Members:  JaylerinaewenDeadhand
Active Members:   

Username:  Remember Me? | Forgot password?
Password:      Not a member? Register | Member List