Remember Me?
 Forgot password? | Register

1 of 2

Play By Post - Anyone interested in playing a Vampire:The Masquerade (20th Ann. Ed.)?

Posted: 09 October 2013 10:20 AM   [ Ignore ]
Administrator
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  291
Joined  2009-02-26
Just posting to see if anyone would like to participate in a play-by-post V:TM game here on the forums. Laric/Aelchinn recently contacted me about wanting to possibly host one here. I figured I'd go ahead and throw up a recruitment thread to see if anyone else wanted to join in on the action. Laric is still working on details of the game but here's what I know...

-Setting is typical World of Darkness setting... a modern large city in the US, possibly existing or fictional (Laric hasn't decided yet).
-Players will be fledgling/freshly turned vamps likely affiliated with a clan of the Camarilla, though Laric mentioned some Anarchs may be permitted.
-Game play will be casual friendly, slow to moderately paced. So no one should feel like they have to post several times a day unless they just want to. A few times every few days would probably be typical.
-Game content will be graphic in nature, as fitting with most grimdark style rpgs. Sex, drugs, violence, political intrigue, and mind-bending horrors will be par for the course, however this will by no means be an erotic rpg. If you want someone to intimately describe bj's to you in explicit detail, go somewhere else or message Ramthorn.
-Newbie friendly game! If you've never played this or any rpg or play-by-post games before, don't worry about it! This is intended to just be some casual fun with friends and veterans are more than happy to teach and share info about the game and how to play. If things go well, there may be additional play-by-post games in the future to join in!

I will post a link to download the game manual later. In the meantime, here is a playlist Laric put together of a guy giving descriptions about the various vampire clans.

Clan Descriptions Playlist:
Click here!

Feel free to discuss!
 Signature 

“To you, the day I destroyed your village was the most important day of your life. To me, it was Tuesday.”

Posted: 09 October 2013 10:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Wombat Food
Rank
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2011-04-13
As of right now, as Flik stated everything is still conceptual. I am not sure when I will be ready to roll with this, but I will keep everyone updated in this thread.

I have the 20'th anniversary edition core book available in .pdf format in google docs for everyone. If you have a google account just post your email here and I will add you to the share list. Flik is looking into another option for whomever doesnt have google docs. In any case, I have assembled a few online guides and primer's for you guys. These are not comprehensive guides, but they do hit the high spots of what you need to know and give a good concise grasp on the rulesets without having to dig through the book.

Player's Primer: A very good concise summary of what you need to know, and get a grasp on the rulesets and dice rolling.
http://files.meetup.com/3797562/VtM Players Primer.pdf -Fixed it for you (Leahan)

Dice Rolling: Another very good concise summary of how the dice pool's and rolling works in WoD.
http://www.angelfire.com/freak/newyork/rollingdice.html

Character Creation: Here are a few guides on rolling up your characters.
http://wiki.wodgotham.com/index.php?title=Category:Vampire_Character_Creation#Step_2._Select_Attributes
http://www.sinful-illusions.com/wiki/index.php?title=Category:Vampire:_The_Masquerade_Character_Creation
http://mrgone.rocksolidshells.com/ - Character sheets
http://www.ehow.com/how_4450253_create-character-vampire-masquerade.html

Wod/White Wolf Wiki's: Everything you would ever want to know about White Wolf games and WoD.
http://wiki.white-wolf.com/worldofdarkness/index.php?title=Main_Page
http://whitewolf.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

Posted: 10 October 2013 01:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1332
Joined  2010-11-08
I'm definitely interested, but seeing as midterms start next week, my free time has become rather scarce of late. I'd hate to commit to a game such as this and find myself in a position that burns either me or my fellow players. That said, if this does take a little bit to get off the ground, I will hopefully find myself with more time and a little less under pressure to perform.

For now, simply mark me down as "exceedingly interested."

Email: .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

P.S. I've been meaning to practice and perfect my Twilight fan-fic erotica, and as such would be highly disappointed if I am not allowed to describe at least some bj's in gory, sex-plicit detail. I will ofc supply the requisite number vamp-tramp puns, as befitting the source material.
 Signature 

Kalthuran - 85 Resto Druid
Ramthorn - 85 Prot Warrior
Ciderhelm - 85 Destro Lock
Namaste - 85 Disc Priest
Chochottie (<3 Sadra) - 85 Resto Shaman
Mcraider - 80 Unholy Dk

If addons are just a crutch for healing, forks are just a crutch for eating spaghetti and real carpenters pound in nails with their foreheads.

Posted: 10 October 2013 03:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Wombat Food
Rank
Joined  2011-04-13
I added you to the share list for the book Ram. I am still working on writing up the setting and plot lines, I don't know how soon I will be ready to post the opening thread. If you cannot join us then I could introduce your character into the story at a later date, it really wouldn't be a problem.

Posted: 10 October 2013 04:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2010-11-08
Twilight fan-fic or no deal.

Ok ok, I'll bring it down to True Blood level.

Sookeh!!!
 Signature 

Namaste - 85 Disc Priest
Mcraider - 80 Unholy Dk

If addons are just a crutch for healing, forks are just a crutch for eating spaghetti and real carpenters pound in nails with their foreheads.

Posted: 10 October 2013 06:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Wombat Food
Rank
Joined  2011-04-13
Luckily for you I am a man of compromise. So I will tell you what, I will meet you half way and allow Anne Rice fan-fic. I will even throw a cherry on top and let you name your character Lestat....

Posted: 11 October 2013 12:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2010-11-08
Nay, Vittorio!
 Signature 

Namaste - 85 Disc Priest
Mcraider - 80 Unholy Dk

Posted: 11 October 2013 10:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Administrator
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  761
Joined  2010-06-10
I'm probably interested. Just need a little bit to get acquainted with the system.

Posted: 11 October 2013 10:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Wombat Food
Rank
Joined  2011-04-13
Post your email here or PM me. I will add you to the share list for the game book, you will be able to download it. Don't worry about not fully understanding the rules. I am not going to be a rule nazi. I am going to focus alot more on narrative and plot than rules and stat tracking.

Posted: 13 October 2013 02:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  230
Joined  2010-11-30
I would totally be down for this, but I will NEED ramthorn to describe all the BJ's explicitly for me. I've never done a tabletop via post before; I've used open RPG and the like though. I have some of the world of darkness books in PDF somewhere too.
 Signature 

“Sincerity is a much overrated virtue” -Milton Friedman

Posted: 13 October 2013 04:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Wombat Food
Rank
Total Posts:  25
Joined  2010-11-30
I'd be interested. I've played a good amount of V:TM and Mage.

e-mail is: .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

Posted: 13 October 2013 06:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2010-11-08
I knew you'd understand, Stewie.

I'd better start preparing myself by doing a little uh, research into the art of filacio.

I wonder if Matty would be willing to help me out with some "hands on" experiments. The ferret was not a willing participant...
 Signature 

Namaste - 85 Disc Priest
Mcraider - 80 Unholy Dk

Posted: 14 October 2013 08:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  230
Joined  2010-11-30
oh yeah, my email is .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)
 Signature 

“Sincerity is a much overrated virtue” -Milton Friedman

Posted: 14 October 2013 09:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Administrator
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  761
Joined  2010-06-10
Just a reminder that this is a public forum that anyone can see. You may want to move the emails to a separate thread (in the great hall) or delete them after you get access. If you're paranoid about those sorts of things.

Posted: 14 October 2013 10:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2010-11-08
Too late, we've been cached!!!

It's over man, it's over!
 Signature 

Namaste - 85 Disc Priest
Mcraider - 80 Unholy Dk

Posted: 14 October 2013 12:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Administrator
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  291
Joined  2009-02-26
Looks like we have about 6 players if everyone follows through with what they said here. Not a bad group!

What is everyone thinking about for their characters? Feel free to post any ideas you guys might have here. I'm probably going to go with a Gangrel vamp with a focus on combat and recon/investigation/intimidation. My guy was a fixer/cleaner/hitman type guy for the mob before he got turned and just continued to offer his services to the the local vamp Prince. He was the guy the boss sent to keep an eye on contacts or minions he didn't entirely trust. He would help in disposing of bodies/destroying evidence, surveillance, planting bugs & tracking devices, intimidating folks into cooperation, and every now and then... tying up "loose ends".

My inspiration for the character is sort of a combination of Mike from Breaking Bad and Ray Donovan with a hint of Frank Castle's (The Punisher) vigilantism. My guy isn't proud of what he does but sees it as a necessary evil and enjoys the freedom it allows for him to beat the shit out of and kill "the real scumbags".
 Signature 

“To you, the day I destroyed your village was the most important day of your life. To me, it was Tuesday.”

1 of 2

Visitor Statistics
 Extras
Total Registered Members: 69
Total Topics: 473
Total Replies: 7366
Total Posts: 7839
The most visitors ever was 88, on November 12, 2014 10:17 PM
Total Logged-in Users: 0
Total Anonymous Users: 0
Total Guests: 5
   RSS 2.0   Atom Feed

EE Discussion Forum - Ver. 2.1.1
Newest Members:  JaylerinaewenDeadhand
Active Members:   

Username:  Remember Me? | Forgot password?
Password:      Not a member? Register | Member List