Remember Me?
 Forgot password? | Register

Comcast wants $100 bucks to unscrew a cable and screw it back in

Posted: 22 December 2010 06:00 PM   [ Ignore ]
Administrator
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  761
Joined  2010-06-10
I know that the "Professional Installation Fee" is $99. What I don't know is what they are going to do when they new place I'm moving to already has service, is wired, and I should be able to screw the coax onto the cable modem. Apparently, they can't tell me.

Print Copy Email Close
chat id : 05622a49-7968-45c0-9a27-d984b77761ce
Problem : Order Information
MATTHEW > Order Information
Luisito > Hello MATTHEW_, Thank you for contacting Comcast Live Chat Support. My name is Luisito. Please give me one moment to review your information.
Luisito > I'm very happy knowing that you are bringing Comcast in your new home. I'll be glad to ensure that your service will be transferred to your new address successfully!
Luisito > I hope that you didn't wait for a long time connecting to me. How are you today, Matthew?
MATTHEW_ > Alright, you?
Luisito > That is wonderful!
Luisito > I am fine!
Luisito > Thanks for asking!
Luisito > Just to set your expectations, this chat is the preliminary step of your service transfer request. I will ask for the necessary information needed in processing your transfer of service. Afterwards, I will check the status of your account and the serviceability of your new address, okay?
MATTHEW_ > Sounds good.
Luisito > The whole process normally takes 30 minutes but I will finish everything as quickly as possible, okay?
MATTHEW_ > Sure
Luisito > Matthew, please also be informed that there will be a professional installation fee for transfer of service. Our technician will take care of the installation for your convenience and safety. I will provide you with the specific amount on the later part of the process, okay?
MATTHEW_ > Is there a self install option? The new place should already be wired
Luisito > Yes.
Luisito > You can go to our service center personally and get the Self Install Kit for free. It would save you from paying the Professional Installation fee. Also in that way, you can connect your service as soon as you want.
Luisito > Matthew, I want you to know that I am more than willing to process your service transfer here on my end. However, the transaction done in this chat support requires a Professional Installation fee because we are going to send a technician who will do the work for your convenience.
MATTHEW_ > I shouldn't even need the kit, I have the materials.
MATTHEW_ > Could you tell me what work that is, exactly?
Luisito > You would still need to go to our service center for service activation even if you have the kit.
Luisito > The work I am referring to is the installation of your service.
Luisito > Are you still willing to do it by yourself?
MATTHEW_ > But what does the technician do? There's already coax hooked up and there's alread wiring in the apartment.
MATTHEW_ > Yes.
Luisito > Rest assured that I have acknowledged your transfer request and I have documented your account for your convenience when you get there.
Luisito > I hope that I was able to resolve your installation fee issue today by providing you with the option of getting the Self Install Kit for free. Is there anything else I can assist you with today?
MATTHEW_ > Can you give me the location of the local service center?
Luisito > Surely!
Luisito > 101A Lakforest Blvd. Gaithersburg, MD 20877
Luisito > 20 West Gude Dr. Rockville, MD 20850
Luisito > Please go to the one that is closest to you.
MATTHEW_ > Thank you
Luisito > You are always welcome, Matthew!
Luisito > To recap, you contacted us today to transfer your service to your new address. To resolve your installation fee issue, I gave you the option to get the Self Install Kit from our service center for free. I also acknowledged your transfer request and documented your account for your convenience when you get there.
Luisito > Is there anything else I can assist you with today?
MATTHEW_ > That's it, thanks.
Luisito > It's my pleasure to be of service to you today. Thank you for your time and patience!
Luisito > You may now click the X button on the upper right corner of this chat window if you don't have any more concerns.
Luisito > Thank you for chatting with me today.
Luisito > Have a wonderful day and take care always!
Luisito > Analyst has closed chat and left the room

Posted: 22 December 2010 06:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-06-10
Okay apparently they don't have the ability to let me do a self-install because the [whatever it's called] is not a "hot" [whatever it's called]. They turn it off after someone deactivates service and then turn it back on when someone sets up new service and this requires a technician and 100 bucks. Furthermore, they want to up my rate from 55 to 70 because I'm moving. I told them no thanks, just disconnect it.

Posted: 22 December 2010 06:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  291
Joined  2009-02-26
Comcast are dicks. You should look into seeing if AT&T Uverse is available in your area. We switched and will never look back. Not only to we get more for what we were paying, but the service is better and more stable, and the customer service people/techs are all really awesome from our experience. Always friendly, always professional.
 Signature 

“To you, the day I destroyed your village was the most important day of your life. To me, it was Tuesday.”

Posted: 22 December 2010 06:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-06-10
Flikenduil - 22 December 2010 06:31 PM
Comcast are dicks. You should look into seeing if AT&T Uverse is available in your area. We switched and will never look back. Not only to we get more for what we were paying, but the service is better and more stable, and the customer service people/techs are all really awesome from our experience. Always friendly, always professional.

No dice.

Posted: 22 December 2010 06:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1200
Joined  2009-12-10
Just wait until Comcast buys NBC.
 Signature 

Litebrite#1603

Sargeras Alliance
Zendalar - Windwalker & Mistweaver Monk
Garofelo - Vengeance Demon Hunter

Posted: 22 December 2010 06:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  320
Joined  2010-11-30
I just upgraded my Comcast to HDTV - Tripple Play, with the IP Phone system. They sent me a self install (instead of them comming out). Keep in mind, I already had TV and Internet set-up. Long sotry short, 2 weeks went by, the Phone still wasn't activated to they sent out a Tech for free, who by the way, didnt even know anything about the new Phone system/Modem they sent me. Finally got everything working.

What's the catch?

Yesterday I got my new modified bill. $329. WTF... I upgraded to a $159 Tripple play for 2 years, now my bill is $329? So I went online and downloaded it. Delivery charge for the self-install kit $70. Activation fee $99. 2 Extra boxes (wasnt being charge for before) $8ea. $64 Pro-rate for half of December, OH AND $99 SERVICE CALL. So I called those assholes. By the time I got off the phone, I had $190 Credited. Been a customer 9 years.

If your an existing customer, you can avoid the fees if you threaten to just cancel. Thats what I usually do for nonsense fees and promotions.
 Signature 

Warcraft
Reiyudo 100 - Dwarf Shaman
Nfi 85 - Mage |  Bulworth 90 - Warrior

Diablo III
Reiyudo 60 - Wizard

Posted: 23 December 2010 11:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Administrator
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-06-10
WIN!

chat id : ccd24d00-2cf1-499d-8f14-0a1e7a7b43eb
Problem : Move comcast service
Matthew > Move comcast service
Lorna Grace > Hello Matthew_, Thank you for contacting Comcast Live Chat Support. My name is Lorna Grace. Please give me one moment to review your information.
Lorna Grace > It is a pleasure to have you on chat! First of all, I apologize for whatever inconvenience the issue has caused you but I'll be more than happy to resolve it for you. I hope you haven't waited so long to be assisted. How's your day so far?
Matthew_ > Not bad, yours?
Lorna Grace > That's good to know, Matthew.
Lorna Grace > I'm doing well. Thank you for asking.
Lorna Grace > Can you please tell me more about your concern?
Matthew_ > I'm moving in January and trying to keep my comcast service. However, the local office is telling me my rate will change from approx. 55/month to approx 70/month for internet.
Matthew_ > All I want to do is pick up my modem, hook it up in the apartment that's just down the street, and keep my service. I don't feel that this should cost me an extra 180/year + 99 for "professional installation"
Lorna Grace > I see. I know where you're coming from, Matthew. I know the importance of your service and I do apologize if you are having problems with it right now. Don't worry, I'll be glad to assist you with that.
Lorna Grace > Matthew, regarding your concern, we do have a special department that handles moving service. They will be the one who will explain to you the moving process.
Lorna Grace > Would you like me to transfer your chat with them to check the information?
Matthew_ > Please
Lorna Grace > May I have your future address please before I transfer your chat?
Matthew_ > [Redacted]
Lorna Grace > Thank you.
Lorna Grace > Please stay online. I will transfer your chat now.
Lorna Grace > Thank you for contacting Comcast. If you need assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us through Live Chat or E-mail (available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week). Simply visit http://www.comcast.net and select Help.
Lorna Grace > Please wait, while the problem is escalated to another analyst
Alan Dennis > Good day! You have reached COMCAST Movers Edge Live Chat Support. My name is Alan Dennis, it is nice to have you on chat. I'll be delighted to process your transfer request. How are you doing?

Matthew_ > Doing okay, you?
Alan Dennis > I am glad to hear that from you, Matthew. I am doing good as well and thank you for asking.
Alan Dennis > Just to confirm, you wish to transfer your Comcast services to your new address. Am I correct, Matthew?
Matthew_ > Correct
Alan Dennis > Great! I would be glad to process your transfer of service request today.
Alan Dennis > For account security and for the successfull transfer of your services, can you please verify the following information: 1. The last 4 digits of your SSN, 2. The account holder's name , 3. Your complete old service address, and 4. Your new complete service address where you would like to have your services transferred.
Matthew_ > [Redacted]
Matthew_ > [Redacted]
Matthew_ > [Redacted]
Matthew_ > [Redacted]
Alan Dennis > Thank you for providing me those information.
Alan Dennis > Just to set expectations, this chat is the preliminary step of your transfer request. In this interaction, I will be checking the status of your account and the serviceability of your new address. After this, I will be giving steps for you to complete the process.
Alan Dennis > Please stay on the line while I pull up your account and check on the status of your new address. Thank you.

Matthew_ > Actually I have been through this step before, my concern is the cost.
Alan Dennis > Not to worry, I will give you a discounted rate for you installation fee, Matthew.
Matthew_ > Thank you, I do appreciate that. My major concern though was that there was going to be an increase in my monthy rate
Alan Dennis > You are most welcome.
Alan Dennis > Thank you for patiently waiting, Matthew. I have just checked on your new address and I see here that the previous residents still have an existing past due balance on their account. To prevent any misapplied billing, we cannot proceed with your transfer as yet since we need to first clear the balance.
Alan Dennis > However, here is what you will need to do, you will need to contact local office at 1-800-2662278 or visit your nearest service center at your area to have this service request completed. Our local office is the only one authorized to create an account and complete your service request albeit there is a written off or unsettled past due balance by the the previous tenant at your new address. I do apologize for the inconvenience and I do hope you understand.
Matthew_ > The local office are the ones who wanted to increase my monthly rate by 15 / month
Matthew_ > Is there some way for me to avoid this price hike? If there isn't, I'll be forced to seek a less expensive alternative
Alan Dennis > They will not do that, Matthew as long as you are requesting for a transfer of service.
Matthew_ > She told me on the phone yesterday that my rate would go from 55 / month to 70 / month
Alan Dennis > I assure you that your rate will stay the same at your new address.
Matthew_ > Thank you.
Alan Dennis > You are most welcome.
Alan Dennis > About the rate going up to $70/mo, that will not be possible and that will not happen on your end.
Matthew_ > So what do I need to tell the local office? That my transfer could not be completed online due to a past due balance?
Alan Dennis > You will have the same rate at your new address, Matthew.
Alan Dennis > Yes, you need to request for a transfer of service there and they will just complete and clear everything on the past due balance of the previous tenant at your new address.

Posted: 23 December 2010 04:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  230
Joined  2010-11-30
Personally I miss Comcast. Dealing with Brighthouse is just as bad, only their actuall internet access SUCKS. Add to that the fact that they cap your bandwidth unless you pay them an extra 20 dollars a month. Even if you did pay the ransom on your internet (my total bill with TV is much more than $70 a month by the way), they oversell their meager hardware capabilities so much you will never get 10mbs unless its in the middle of the night, which is aparently when they just start turning off their network for no reason. Who wants to use the internet at 2 in the morning? MOTHERFUCKING STU DOES THAT'S WHO.

I wish I had comcast, I really do. I'd put up with all the bullshit just to have the awesome latency I had in Fresno. 50ms to the server in Dallas is pretty good in my book. I'd seriously be OK with a slogan like this:

Comcast: Our company is run by swarms of mouth breathers who will slam enough hidden charges up your ass to make you feel like you got fucked by freight train, but we'll also get your pings below 100ms.

Where do I sign up?
 Signature 

“Sincerity is a much overrated virtue” -Milton Friedman

Posted: 23 December 2010 04:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Administrator
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-06-10
Stucifer - 23 December 2010 04:33 PM
Personally I miss Comcast. Dealing with Brighthouse is just as bad, only their actuall internet access SUCKS. Add to that the fact that they cap your bandwidth unless you pay them an extra 20 dollars a month. Even if you did pay the ransom on your internet (my total bill with TV is much more than $70 a month by the way), they oversell their meager hardware capabilities so much you will never get 10mbs unless its in the middle of the night, which is aparently when they just start turning off their network for no reason. Who wants to use the internet at 2 in the morning? MOTHERFUCKING STU DOES THAT'S WHO.

I wish I had comcast, I really do. I'd put up with all the bullshit just to have the awesome latency I had in Fresno. 50ms to the server in Dallas is pretty good in my book. I'd seriously be OK with a slogan like this:

Comcast: Our company is run by swarms of mouth breathers who will slam enough hidden charges up your ass to make you feel like you got fucked by freight train, but we'll also get your pings below 100ms.

Where do I sign up?

That 70 dollars a month is without TV and is an increase of 27% over what I was paying before. Nothing's changed but my address and I'm moving literally less than a quarter mile away, from one apartment into another.

Comcast's network quality really isn't that bad (thought at times there are issues), that's not really been the issue here. The issue is paying extra money for what is essentially nothing.

The provider that you have sounds like absolute balls. But I can guarantee you that it's better than what my parents had to use for a while, Huguesnet. 70 bucks a month, 250MB / day cap. Break the cap and you're looking at throttled speeds that are less than dial up speeds for the next 24 hours (couldn't even load gmail). Okay speeds (about 1 down, 200 up) oh, and a latency of 500-1200ms (dealing with the phisical limitations of light, unfortunately. Taking about 4 trips ground-orbit or orbit-ground per packet. Home->Sky, sky->Huguesnet [wired connection from there to final destination and back to Huguesnet] then Huguesnet->sky and sky->home. Even at light speeds four trips the distance of earth to orbit take a while. Rough (rounded) math [140M meters for four trips from earth to a geosynchronous satellite / 300M m/s] puts it at .5 seconds just for the light speed journey portion of the data). Yeah.

Visitor Statistics
 Extras
Total Registered Members: 69
Total Topics: 473
Total Replies: 7366
Total Posts: 7839
The most visitors ever was 88, on November 12, 2014 10:17 PM
Total Logged-in Users: 0
Total Anonymous Users: 0
Total Guests: 5
   RSS 2.0   Atom Feed

EE Discussion Forum - Ver. 2.1.1
Newest Members:  JaylerinaewenDeadhand
Active Members:   

Username:  Remember Me? | Forgot password?
Password:      Not a member? Register | Member List